Questions for myself as much as for everybody.
(i hope someone takes the time to read this and nitpick at some of my (very subtle) questions.)
Let's start at the end; i invested in The ÐΑΩ. (Send Ether from myetherwallet.com, managed to import the JSON file into Mist and started watching The ÐΑΩ in Mist
I just started with crypto about 2 months ago and find the standard QT Windows wallet a horrid contraption en Mist about 10 times worse. How Ether can be worth around $10 is beyond me, because they can't even build a decent wallet.
So here are my questions and answers:
i send Ether from my account (the JSON file) on myetherwallet.com to 0xbb9bc244d798123fde783fcc1c72d3bb8c189413 which is not an account but a contract?
as i understand it, nobody can spend (has the keys to) the Ether in this 0xbb9bc244d798123fde783fcc1c72d3bb8c189413 contract?
or can the account (holder) that created the contract spend the Ether?
i imported the/my JSON file (downloaded from myetherwallet.com) into Mist and started watching the 0xbb9bc244d798123fde783fcc1c72d3bb8c189413 contract. However apparently i am now watching The ÐΑΩ token and not the contract? .
in Mist in the account (JSON file) (which is not my wallet, because apparently in Mist you have to pay (create a contract) for a wallet!?) (<-- there's a question in there somewhere.) i can now see my Ether and my The ÐΑΩ token balances.
Mist then, from watching the whole 0xbb9bc244d798123fde783fcc1c72d3bb8c189413 contract and when (and only when) my Ether account (JSON file) from which i send Ether to the contract is present, can somehow extrapolate the amount of tokens that belong to me?!
Now a Contractor is hired or a Contractor volunteers to do work for the DAO:
- a Contractor ( or He / She / IT) does a proposal in English as well as in Ethereum Contract language?
- the english proposal specifies the work, the payment amount and times, the ROI and any other variables?
- the Ethereum contract proposal is a translation from the english proposal into a Ethereum contract language? It also includes the Ether address where funds can be send?
- only after a 'Yes' vote may the proposed Ether contract be created?
- only after a 'Yes' vote on the proposal will the Ether address(es) in the Ether contract proposal be whitelisted by the Curators and can funds be withdrawn from the 0xbb9bc244d798123fde783fcc1c72d3bb8c189413 contract?
for now i'm gonna walk the dogs, but i probably will be adding / editing this.
ps. English not my first language, so forgive any mistakes please.